Smoothies are great! So fast to make and delicious healthy ingredients. One of my favorite smoothies is a Strawberry Rhubarb Smoothie. If you have never had a strawberry and a rhubarb combination, you might be pleasantly surprised how good this smoothie tastes!
- 1 cup fresh chopped rhubarb cut up (or use frozen)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries(or use frozen)
- 1 cup of Icelandic yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar, honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- cutting board
- kitchen knife
- measuring cup
- mixing spoon
In blender, place all ingredients. Cover; blend with on-and-off pulses until pureed. Pour into 2 drinking glasses. Serve immediately.
If you have your own favorite yogurt it will work great too!
An alternative fruit is to substitute raspberries for the strawberries.
|A bowl of summer strawberries for your smoothie!|
In the winter time, this smoothie is great with frozen strawberries and frozen rhubarb. This makes a frothier smoothie.
In the summertime, sometimes I like to add a couple of ice to this delicious smoothie too!
Our channel has videos including
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
These recipes are perfect for the holiday season. Please let us know what you think! Glædelig Jul and Merry Christmas♥ ! Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/ Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!