- 2 carrots
- 2 large green or red apples
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds
- 1/2 a lemon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar
- 1 large bowl
- 1 grater or food processor
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 potato peeler
1) Add into a bowl a half a cup of lemon juice and honey
2) Wash and core 2 large fresh apples. Peeling the apples are optional. Grate (coarse or fine) the apples on a grater into the bowl of lemon juice. The lemon juice keeps the sliced apples from turning brown. Mix the apples quickly in the bowl.
3) Wash and peel the carrots. Grate the carrots on a coarse or fine part of the grater in a large bowl. Another option is to use a food processor and transfer to a bowl. Mix everything in the bowl.
4) Add both the raisins and the almonds. Mix everything in the bowl
5) Taste and add in some more honey if you think more is required.
6) Pop the salad into the fridge until you need to serve it.
You now have a delicious apple and carrot salad!!!