The Icelandic Potato salad is a delicious and filling dish that is perfect as a side for meat dishes such as steaks. However we think it is so good it is perfect as a side dish to a sandwiches or for summer picnics too. If you want to know how to make this potato salad, just follow these steps.
- 2 large potatoes (boiled tender, peeled & cubed)
- 2 eggs (hard-boiled & chopped)
- 2 red or green apples (peeled, cored & chopped)
- 1 small dill pickle (chopped)
- 1/2 a red onion (chopped, larger if desired)
- half a cup of parsley as garnish
- half a cup of Icelandic yogurt
- half a cup of mayonnaise
- a dash of curry powder (a nice substitute is mustard)
- lemon juice (optional as desired)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- large bowl
- cutting board
- measuring cup
- wooden spoon
- juicer(optional for lemon)
2) next add half a cup of Icelandic yogurt and half a cup of mayonnaise. Toss the mixture well until the ingredients are thoroughly blended and the salad has a rich, creamy consistency.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours. This will allow the ingredients to blend. You can serve this tasty potato salad cold or at room temperature.
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!