Summer is coming and starting to think about great salads to make. I really enjoy sitting outside on the deck or on a pinic table to enjoy summer dishes. This is a great side dish with chicken or steak for a barbeque, lunch or dinner.
Brussels sprouts and bacon is a great combination and in a salad it is just yummy. I really like the lemon dressing over the brussels sprouts too. Plus the salad has a nice variety of textures. So let’s get started and make this delicious salad.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 a pound of crisp bacon, diced
- 1 cup pecans (walnuts optional)
- 1 lemon zest
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- aprox 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- medium pan
- cutting board
- wooden spoon
- slotted spoon
- Select hard, bright-green sprout heads, as mushy sprouts yield less flavor. Choose sprout heads of roughly the same size so they’ll cook evenly.
- Remove the outer leaves from the brussels sprout and rinse them well, then cut in half.
- Boil the brussels sprouts in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain into a large mixing bowl.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Dice the bacon.
- Transfer the diced bacon into the large bowl. Mix everything together. Set aside bacon to garnish later.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice over the salad
- Then grate zest over the salad
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the salad. Mix well.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix in a tablespoon of honey and stir well.
- Just before serving, garnish with the pecans and reserved bacon
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!