We hope you enjoy our Custard recipe! Let us know what you think! Perfect to use for various Scandinavian Desserts such as cookies and cakes.
- 2 cups of milk
- 2/3 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- pinch of salt
- kitchen pot
- large bowl
- measuring cup
- wooden spoon
- plastic wrap
- Heat milk over the stove at medium heat. Do not boil the milk.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt and the two eggs in a bowl Mix the mixture in the bowl.
- Add a little of the egg-sugar-flour mixture to the warm pot of milk that is on the stove. Pour a little more of the mixture into the warm milk, stirring constantly. Stir constantly to avoid the custard becoming lumpy and to prevent it from burning.
- When the custard has thickened pour it into a bowl.
- Next add the butter and stir it into the warn mixture.
- Then add vanilla into the milk mixture. You don’t want the vanilla to boil. So the vanilla should be added last.
- Cover over the bowl of custard with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in the fridge at least two hours. You can sprinkle sugar over the custard while cooling so that a skin will not form too. Cool custard completely in the refrigerator – a minimum of 2 hours.