Summer is coming and starting to think about great salads. Mixing fruits and salads have become popular to make. Typically brussels sprouts are prepared either cooked or oven roasted. Instead these brussels sprouts are uncooked, thinly sliced and tossed with a dressing.
This is a great side dish similar to coleslaw. Great with either pork chops or grilled chicken. Perfect salad to serve at a brunch or at a barbeque out on the deck.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- lemon juice from 1 medium size lemon
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 /4 cup of olive oil
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, cleaned and remove outer leaves
- 1/2 a cup of pomegranate seeds (about 1 fruit)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 cup of clementine segments
- 1/2 a cup of shredded mozzerella white cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- medium-large bowl
- 1 small bowl
- cutting board
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- Select hard, bright-green sprout heads, as mushy sprouts yield less flavor. Choose sprout heads of roughly the same size and cut in half.
- Remove the outer leaves from the brussels sprout and rinse them well,
- Using a very sharp knife, cut them into shreds thinly slice them crosswise.
- Break up the layers and place the sliced sprouts in a large bowl.
- Add pomegranate seeds into the large bowl
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Add as much dressing as desired, gently toss until combined
- Add the pine nuts to the Brussels sprouts salad
- Sprinkle the cheese and toss.
- Add individual clementine segments over the salad. Arrange the clementines in a circular or decorative pattern
- Transfer to a individual serving plates or salad bowls.
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!