This refreshing & delicious dessert is served cool. This homemade dessert is great to serve to your friends and family anytime of the year!
- 4 pasteurized eggs that are separated
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice
- finely grated orange zest from one orange
- 1 cup of whipping cream (including some for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 a cup of water
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- wooden spoon
- electric mixer
- cutting board
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 2 medium size mixing bowls
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium pot
- Whip 4 egg yolks with a 1/2 cup of sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whip until it is a light white-yellow in color and fluffy.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin into a 1/2 cup cold water in a small mixing bowl. Stirring constantly to make sure the gelatine dissolves.
- Next heat up the orange juice in a medium pot on high heat on the stove. Remove from the stove and add the dissolved gelatine. Stir constantly to ensure the gelatine is dissolved. Then, let the mixture cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Next whip the 4 egg whites in a medium size bowl until stiff. Set aside
- Whip the whipping cream with the electric mixer in a medium size bowl. Set a side
- Combine the orange juice mixture and orange zest into the egg yolk mixture in a large mixing bowl. Make sure the orange juice is cold before doing this.
- Then, fold in the whipped egg whites into the egg yolk mixture with a spatula.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture one forth at a time. (Leave about 1/4 cup of whipped cream on the side for decoration later.) Stir gently until it starts to thicken.