- 2 apples (any of your favorite apples such as Gala, fuji or golden delicious will work)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- handful of prunes
- red currant jelly
- 1 pot deep enough for apples
- measuring cup
- cutting board
- Slice the apples in half and core it. It is optional if you want to leave the peel on. In this case, we are leaving the peel on which gives it a pretty reddish color.
- Fill the bottom of a roomy pot a cup off water. Add the water and sugar.
- Place the apples in the pot. Place sliced side up
- Place the pot over the stove on medium high heat
- Add some prunes into the pot
- Put a lid over the pot which will help the apples cook faster
- Check after a couple minutes to see how soft the apples are getting
- Check the apples again by piercing it with a knife. You don’t want these apples to fall apart or become mushy.
- Remove the apples and prunes with a slotted spoon to a holding plate.
- Add a tablespoon of redcurrant jelly in the center of each apple
- Serve warm