Smoothies are nutritious, convenient and a refreshing snack! So fast to make that within a couple of minutes you’ll have a delicious healthy drink. One of my favorite smoothies is red currant strawberry smoothie. If you have never had a red currant strawberry smoothie, you might be pleasantly surprised of the sweet and tart delicious combination! Here’s how to do it.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen red currants
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of strawberry Icelandic yogurt (or your favorite yogurt)
- 1 cup of milk (skim or whole)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar, honey or agave nectar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 3 or 4 ice cubes (optional)
- cutting board
- kitchen knife
- measuring cup
- mixing spoon
In a blender, place all ingredients. Then, blend with on-and-off pulses until pureed.
By adding the yogurt it will thicken your smoothie. Another great smoothie option is once everything is blended, add 3 or 4 ice cubes in the blender to make a frothier smoothie.
A fruit alternative is substituting raspberries for the strawberries. Figuring out a sweet tart fruit combination you like is part of the fun of making smoothies!
Finally garnish your smoothie with either loose berries or a sprig of mint.
Pour into 2 drinking glasses. Serve immediately.