This refreshing & delicious rhubarb dessert is served cool. Perfect homemade dessert to serve to your friends and family anytime!
- 4 cups of rhubarb
- 1 cup of water
- a stick of cinnamon
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- milk or heavy cream
- medium-large pot
- cutting board
- measuring cup and spoons
- wooden spoon
- Wash and cut the washed rhubarb into fine slices. Cut about 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large pot add the rhubarb, water, sugar and a stick of cinnamon. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, put the lid on the pot and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the rhubarb because you want the rhubarb tender but not mushy.
- Next, combine the cornstarch with 1/4 water in a small bowl. This will be used to thicken the rhubarb porridge
- After the rhubarb has cooked for 5 minutes, turn off the stove. Remove the cinnamon stick out of the rhubarb mixture.
- Add and stir in the corn starch mixture. Add a little at a time and the rhubarb mixture will start to thicken.
- Taste to see if it is sweet enough. If not, stir in a little more sugar.
- Pour into a heatproof glass bowl to cool down. Sprinkle sugar to prevent a skin from forming. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once ready to serve ladle into bowls and garnish with either milk or cream. Enjoy!
|Rhubarb Porridge with cream in a Royal Copenhagen bowl|
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!