A Swedish side dish recipe for dinners, lunches & leftovers. We hope you enjoy the Swedish sour cream cucumber salad with dill recipe! It is so nice and creamy. We enjoy having this Swedish cucumber salad in the summer time.
Below is the recipe to make the easy Swedish cucumber salad and a video.
- one English cucumber or a standard cucumber works too
- 1 cup regular or reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 bowl
- one measuring cup
- a vegetable shredder or a knife
- cutting board
- heavy bowl or container
- 2 medium-large bowls
- Slice cucumber into thin slices and put it into a medium-large bowl. (The English cucumber is our preference because the seeds are so small.)
- Then, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of salt over thinly sliced cucumbers. Place a plate over the cucumbers and sit something heavy over the plate. (This should help squeeze the cucumber juices.) Wait about 1 an hour. Then, with your hands squeeze the liquid out of the cucumbers. Pour the cucumber juice out of the bowl.
- In the medium-large bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, onion and dill. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine.
- Add cucumbers, and toss to coat the cucumbers
- Garnish with more dill, if desired.
- You might want to double check to see if there needs to be a little more sugar, salt or pepper for taste.
- Serve the cucumber salad as a side dish in a small bowl.