This delicious Norwegian Smoked Salmon (røkt laks) sandwich is great for either lunch or dinner. We added to this delicious sandwich an extra seafood (skaldyr) twist by adding shrimp (reker) and caviar (Kaviar) which makes it a delicious feast for the seafood lovers! To give the Norwegian salmon sandwich a little extra color and a yummy twist either dill or parsley can be used to garnish too.
The open sandwich recipe below is a tall sandwich because of the layers of colorful toppings. The recipe is easy to create your own tall open sandwich.
Below is a our recent YouTube video on how to make a SMØRBRØD open face sandwich.
- 1 slice of white bread (Italian or French)
- butter (European-style butter is easier to spread)
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 pieces of smoked salmon
- 3 or 4 pieces of shrimp
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of caviar
- 1 large pieces Boston or Romaine lettuce leaves
- chopped parsley or dill for taste & decoration
- 1 lemon wedge slice for garnish
Smoked Salmon Rolls:
- First spread cream cheese across two slices of smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle chopped dill across the cream cheese.
- Roll the cream cheese up into a roll.
- Place the smoked salmon rolls onto a plate and put it in the refrigerator.
- After an hour, take the plate out of the refrigerator. Slice the rolls into 1/4 inch slices. (See our video)
- Before adding a topping, spread butter onto either a slice of French or Italian bread. This protects the bread from moisture.
- Place a piece of either Boston or Romaine lettuce leaves on the bread.
- Then, place 3 or pieces of shrimp one end of the white bread
- Next place 4 slices of the Norwegian smoked salmon rolls next to the shrimp on the bread.
- Add one or two teaspoons of caviar over the shrimp
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and dill
Serve on plate with silverware. It is a great sandwich for either lunch or dinner.
If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
*how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
*how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
*how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
*how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
*how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
*how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
These recipes are perfect for the holiday season. Please let us know what you think! Glædelig Jul and Merry Christmas♥ !
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!