Our homemade white glögi drink recipe is a great-tasting warm spiced mulled apple cider drink. A great alternative to a mulled wine drink and perfect for cold winter evenings. It’s a terrific white glögi drink recipe because you can personalized to taste as your own “Glögi” with either spices or alcohol.
- 4 cups or 1 liter of apple cider
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cups of chopped almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (7 or 8 seeds) of cardamon seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 2 red delicious apples
- optional: nutmeg, allspice, lemon zest
Rimming Glass Ingredients:
- cinnamon sugar
- large pot
- measuring cup and spoons
- chopping board
- wooden spoon
- clear glasses
- 3 small plates
- Pour 4 cups of apple cider into a large pot. Add raisins, almonds, cinnamon stick, ground ginger, cardamon seeds, cloves and slices of 2 apples.
- Next place the pot of cider mixture on to the stove. Set a lid on the pot. Turn on the stove to medium heat. You want the cider to bubble but not to boil.
- Once the spiced white glogg slightly bubbles turn down the heat, and let it simmer over the stove for 30 minutes.
- Be sure to taste it to see if you need to add anything too. The longer you let the white cider sit, the stronger the flavor will be.
Step 3: Rimming the glass
This option is super easy to do and will really make your drink presentation sparkle to your guests. We suggest to serve the white glogg in a clear glass or mug. Rimming a glass can add an extra decorative touch and an additional flavor to your cocktail.
- Place honey one one plate, caramel on another plate and cinnamon sugar on the third plate. You want to cover the small plates just enough to use for rimming. (see video)
- Turn the clear glass upside down. Hold the clear glass parallel to the table.
- Dip the clear glass rim onto the caramel or honey and give it a good twist
- Next, dip the rim onto the cinnamon sugar. Slowly turn the glass so that only the outer edge is covered.
- Shake off any excess of the cinnamon sugar over a sink or wastebasket.
Step 6: Serve warm
After 30 minutes of simmering on low heat, it is time to strain the spices from the spiced white glogg. You can leave the orange in the pot for the citrus flavor.
The drink can be made a day ahead and kept covered, on the stove, at room temperature. Just reheat before serving. Enjoy!