Do you love tomatoes and cucumbers? Here is another salad that is perfect for your weekend entertaining!
Below is the recipe to make an easy Tomato, Cucumber, and Onion Salad and a video.
- 1 large cucumbers (English cucumber or a standard cucumber), thinly sliced and cut in quarters
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced and cut in squares
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 1/2 a cup of sugar (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large serving bowl
- 1 small bowl
- one measuring cup and measuring spoons
- a vegetable shredder or a knife
- cutting board
- Serving salad spoon and fork
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the bite size chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions
- In a small bowl add vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Stir the ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Mix everything together.
- Let the salad stand for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Add chopped chives and parsley.
- You might want to double check to see if there needs to be a little more sugar, salt or pepper for taste.
- Serve the cucumber salad as a side dish in a small bowl.
Tip: For a milder flavor, soak the chopped onions in salt water for 20 minutes before you mix it with the rest of the salad.
Our channel has videos including
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
These recipes are perfect for the holiday season. Please let us know what you think♥ ! Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/ Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!