We have had a lot of rain lately. The weather makes me want to do some fall baking. Here is a simple, quick, and delicious Nutella Banana Nut Muffin recipe. You can serve these muffins any time of the day warm or cold. Great for to have either for breakfast or as a snack.
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large bowl, 1 medium bowls and 2 small bowl
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- ice cream scoop
- cutting board
- 6-cup Jumbo muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 425°F and position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease or line a jumbo size muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl add the flour mixture:all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Now take 2-3 tablespoons of your flour mixture and put it in a small bowl of chopped walnuts. Give a quick little mix to coat so the flour adheres to the walnuts. That way when the muffins are baking, the walnuts will not sink all of the way down.
- In a small bow, mash the bananas.
- Next in large bowl, whisk the smashed bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients with a few light strokes and until the dry ingredients are moistened. The batter should not be smooth so don’t over mix.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full using an ice cream scoop.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Nutella in each muffin cup.
- Add another spoonful of batter in each muffin cup.
- Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of Nutella.
- Bake the muffins at 425°F first 5 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 375°F and bake the muffins for another 25 minutes until tops are lightly golden.
- The easiest way to tell if the muffins are baked is to insert a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean then you know they are done.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let the muffins cool in the pan for10 minutes.
- These muffins are best when freshly baked, but they’re still good the second day.