What to eat with this side dish? This Sauteed shredded cabbage and carrots side dish can be served either at dinner or lunch with a meat dishes. Danish hot meals such as frikadeller (Danish meat balls) or ham are great. This is a great dish to prepare in advance. If you make enough, it is great as a left over food to reheat the next day.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped white cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 2 cups shredded carrots, peeled an shredded
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- First prepare the vegetables.
- Heat butter in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced cabbage and shredded carrots and stir it for 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and cover with a lid, cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove cover and season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve warm.
We hope you enjoyed our video and recipe! If you like this recipe as a side dish, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
*how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
*how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
*how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
*how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
*how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
*how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
These recipes are perfect for the holiday season. Please let us know what you think! ♥
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!