Aspic jelly is a savory clear jelly prepared from a liquid stock, and it is chopped or cut into shapes and placed on sandwiches, but may also be used to garnish cold dishes.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 bundle parsley
- 2 bouillon cubes (or 2 tbsp meat extract)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp gelatin
Optional: sherry or white vine
- Boil the water with the onion, parsley and bouillon cubes till they are melted. Add soy sauce and the gelatine.
- Strain and leave the aspic to cool down.
- Leave it in the refrigerator till it is stiff.
- Slice the aspic for the sandwich.
The aspic is used sliced on top of a variety of sandwiches, and especially on liverwurst and certain other cold cuts.
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!