- 15 oz/425 g unsalted butter; cubed, at room temperature
- 15 oz/425 g light ricotta (cream cheese or cottage cheese)
- 3 1/3 cup of plain flour
- (or buy puff pastry from the store)
- Mix butter and flour together to form a crumby consistency.
- Add ricotta and mix until it comes together.
- Roll into a ball and place it in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- 1 lb pitted prunes
- 4 tbs or half a cup of sugar
- 1-2 cups water – or just enough to cover the prunes in a medium sized saucepan
Instruction to make the Jam:
- Add prunes, water and sugar to a pan. Bring it to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until the prunes have completely softened (approx.15minutes).
- Stir to ensure the prunes do not stick to the pan.
- Keep an eye out for how much water you need.
- If you want a smooth texture you can puree the jam or mash the prunes with a fork to a chunkier texture.
Instruction to Make the Tart:
- Divide pastry dough into 2 portions. Roll the first portion out (place 2nd roll in refrigerator).
- Use flour sparingly to ensure the pastry dough does not stick to the board.
- Cut the pastry into squares (or use a square cutter). Make diagonal cuts in each corner of every square about halfway to the center, leaving the middle of the square uncut for the jam.
- Place a teaspoon of jam into the center of each square and fold the pastry to make a star.
- Bake at 400F for approx. 8-10 min or till a little golden.
Serve with either coffee, tea, or milk. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this Joulutorttu recipe and video! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!