This Shooting Star sandwich is my abbreviated version of a famous Danish sandwich. It is not only pretty to look at, but it also tastes great and is healthy. It’s basically a combination of a variety of seafood toppings.
- Rye Bread (Rugbrød)
- Fried Filet of Sole (or Plaice}
- 1 piece of Smoked Salmon
- 1 tbsp Cod roe or Caviar
- Approx.6 Shrimps
- 3-4 asparagus
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- Dip the first fish in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, fry until golden brown in butter. Once this has cooled we are ready to make the sandwich.
- Place lettuce on the buttered rye bread
- Arrange the luke warm/cold fried fish on top of the lettuce
- On top add mayonnaise
- Next place smoked salmon on end of the fried fish and shrimp on the other end of the fried fish
- In between the salmon and the shrimp place the asparagus as if it is shooting up in the air
- On top twist two slices of lemon on end of the asparagus.
- Add cod roe (or caviar) on the asparagus and in the center of the sandwich
- Add dill behind the lemon
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!