Do you love apple desserts? This is a delicious Danish apple dessert recipe and easy to make!
- 4-5 Apples (according to size)
- 9 oz. flour
- 9 oz butter or margarine
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1/3 cup milk, warm
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tblsp cinnamon
- 1 oz sugar
- raisins and nuts optional
- Add yeast to the warm milk and leave it for approx. 10 min.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Add and mix margarine to the flour. Crumble the margarine into the flour either with your fork or hands.
- Add egg and 1 teaspoon of sugar into the yeast milk mixture. Mix the mixture with a fork.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of flour crumble. Mix it all up and leave it in a bowl for approx. 15 min in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile peel the apples, cut them in half and remove stem and apple seeds. Fill the apple opening with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into 5″X5″squares and wrap it around the half apples. Place the apples on the baking sheet.
- Let the apples rest for 15 min. Then, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake them at approx. 425F for 20 min.
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!