Do you love Christmas bread? This is a delicious Christmas bread recipe! God Jul!
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 4 oz raisins
- 4 oz fruitcake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon (orange zest is optional)
- egg wash
- 1 tbsp cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Candied cherries
- 1 cup powedered sugar mixed with 2 tbsp water
- bake at 425F for approx. 25-30 min.
- Mix flour with, salt, sugar, fruitcake mix, almonds, cardamom, lemon peal, raisins.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm milk and add a approx. 1 tsp sugar. After 10 min add the melted butter and the egg to the yeast mixture and finally pour it over the flour mixture.
- Knead the flour for several minutes and leave it covered for approx. 45 min. Punch down and cut the dough into four parts.
- Roll out each part into a long roll and braid the four rolls.
- Shape it into a wreath.
- Brush egg wash on the wreath and sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar mixture, add the cherries and leave it to raise for approx. 45-60 min.
- Bake the wreath in the oven at 425F for approx. 25-35 min or until golden brown.
- Finally add the sugar glaze.
- Serve the bread with butter.
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!