- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 16 tblsp
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine molasses, brown sugar and butter in a pot.
- Heat and cook 4 minutes then cool to lukewarm.
- Mix the flour with the rest of the ingredients and stir 1 cup of it into the pot.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface approx. 1/8 inch thick or thinner.
- Cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Optional place an almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 375 F for about 5 minutes.
- Watch closely so they don’t burn
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!