Do you love apple desserts? This is a delicious Danish apple cake recipe! Our family and friends loves this cake recipe. We hope you will enjoy it too!
- 13 tbsp butter
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp cream
- 2 lb apples (approx. 5 large)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cups almonds, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Combine the butter with the flour, add salt, sugar, egg and cream.
- Let the dough rest in fridge for 1 hour or more before the dough is rolled out in 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut the dough into two round cakes- the size of the springform.
- The one cake is for the bottom, and the other for the lid, the rest of the dough is for the sides of the springform.
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices.
- Layer into the cake-pan and sprinkle with sugar, raisins and chopped almonds.
- Add the”lid” and press the edges well together.
- Combine the topping, and stir until white.
- Spread the topping over the”lid” and puncture the dough with a fork.
- Bake in a 375F degree oven for approx. 1 hour.
- Serve lukewarm with cold whip cream.
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!