- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Optional: whipped and strawberries for serving or dust with powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Grease and flour a pie plate or a square baking pan
- Mix and beat sugar and eggs till smooth
- Stir in the flour and cocoa
- Pour in the melted butter, vanilla extract and salt and stir till combined
- Pour the batter into the buttered and floured pie plate( or a square baking pan) and bake on the lower rack in the preheated oven for 35-40 min. or until the center has set.
- Let the cake cool before serving
- Optional: Serve with whipped cream and strawberries or serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!