- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips (try to buy good quality white chocolate, as this will be less waxy and over-sugared––European or European inspired brands are often best.)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- Garnish: whipped topping, cinnamon, cocoa powder, mint leaves and candy canes, marshmallows
- Optional flavoring: 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, 1/4 of a cinnamon stick
- Blue sugar, blue sprinkles, blue snowflake sprinkles
- medium pot
- measuring cup and spoons
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 large mug
- 2 small plates
This is super easy to do and will really make your drink presentation sparkle. Rimming a glass can add an extra decorative touch and an additional flavor to your drink. You can prepare rimming the glass in advance. We suggest to serve the white hot chocolate in a clear glass or mug. Have the rimmed glass in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Place honey one one plate and blue sprinkles on the other plate. You want to cover the small plates just enough to use for rimming. (see video)
- Turn the clear glass upside down. Hold the clear glass parallel to the table.
- Dip the clear glass rim onto the honey and give it a good twist
- Next, dip the rim onto the blue sprinkles. Slowly turn the glass so that only the outer edge is covered.
- Place the glass in a refrigerator or freezer so the honey will harden and the sprinkles stick firmly.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine half-and-half, white chocolate chips, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and any other spice you might like.
- Whisk continuously over low heat until white chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Be sure to taste it to see if you need to add anything too.
- Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle garnishes over the top of the whipped cream. Such things as with blue colored sugar, blue sprinkles, white chocolate flakes, ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
- It’s a good idea to serve with the stirring teaspoon in case there is any delicious white chocolate to retrieve from the bottom at the end of the drink!
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1 1/2 cup of half and half
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!