Do you love hot chocolate? If you don’t happen to have any cocoa, not to worry! Nutella hot chocolate is a delicious alternative and easy to make! Try it on a cold and wintry day and have a treat!
- 1 to 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 teaspoon of hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico (optional)
- Garnish: whipped topping, cocoa powder, mint leaves
- chopped hazelnuts
- medium pot
- measuring cup and spoons
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 large mug
- 2 small plates
This is super easy to do and will really make your drink presentation sparkle. Rimming a glass can add an extra decorative touch and an additional flavor to your drink. You can prepare rimming the glass in advance. We suggest to serve the Nutella hot chocolate in a clear glass or mug. Have the rimmed glass in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Place Nutella on one plate and chopped hazelnuts on the other plate. You want to cover the small plates just enough to use for rimming. (see video)
- Turn the clear glass upside down. Hold the clear glass parallel to the table.
- Dip the clear glass rim onto the Nutella and give it a good twist
- Next, dip the rim onto the chopped hazelnuts. Slowly turn the glass so that only the outer edge is covered.
- Place the glass in a refrigerator or freezer so the Nutella will harden and the hazelnuts stick firmly.
We hope you enjoyed our recipe and video. Nutella hot chocolate is great after coming in from the cold or to have as a treat! Please let us know if you have any Nutella recipe requests!
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!