Hakkekarbonader with potatoes, peas and carrot sauce with a sprinkle of parsley is a classic Danish dinner. My mother made this when I was a child. I have made this for my family as well. Enjoy!
- 1 lb pork or 1/2 lb pork and 1/2 pork veal
- 1 egg whipped with 1 tbls. water
- salt, pepper
- butter and oil for frying
- Form the pork into four pork patties and shape them with a knife.
- Turn the patties in the flour, then the whipped egg, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fry pork patties in 1/2 butter 1/2 oil in the frying pan for approx. 5 minutes on each side at medium heat.
- Cover the potatoes with water in a pot, add a pinch of salt, and boil till soft (approx. 20 min. after water is boiling).
- Serve with stewed peas and carrots.
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!