We love salads, vegetables and fruit. Kale is one of our all time favorite leafy greens. This combination makes a delicious Summer Salad. This kale salad is so easy and healthy to make. Sometimes I will go buy a big bag of kale for a Sunday brunch. Any leftover salad I will have with our dinner the next day. So let’s get started.
- 1/4 lb Kale (approx.)
- 2 Apples
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Optional: shredded cheese as topping
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp honey
- juice of 1 orange
- Mix the dressing in the bowl.
- Roll up the kale leaves and slice and massage them, and add them to the dressing. Kale is a little more difficult to chew than the average green. The acid in the vinegar and slicing it thinly makes it easier to chew.
- Chop the apples and the almonds and add them as well as the raisins to the chopped kale.
- Also, to soften the leaves, leave the kale in the dressing for approx. 5-10 min. before you eat it.
Strawberries and orange slices or any other fruit you have available will also taste great in this recipe. With so many options to mix and match to your taste, you can’t go wrong.
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!