We have had a few months of really cold and snowy winter. During the cold weekends, I make this hearty bowl of potato leek soup on a regular basis. My family loves this recipe as it is comfort food for them. The bacon and parsley gives the soup an extra touch of deliciousness. It might take a little effort to make this hearty soup but it is worth it. When this soup is done, wow!
- Fry the bacon.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and cook them in the chicken stock.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Slice the leeks and fry them in the bacon fat.
- Mash the potatoes in the chicken stock and add it to the garlic/ leeks mixture. Cook till soft and tender.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve the warm soup immediately. I recommend to sprinkle with bacon, chives and/or parsley.
- I usually serve the soup with either rolls or Danish rye bread too.
You can’t go wrong and the compliments will be forthcoming especially during the cold winter months. Enjoy!
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!