Growing up on Møn we were spoiled with so many things. We enjoyed the summers going to the sandy beaches, swimming in the ocean and having fresh fish for lunch. Our fish fillet recipe is just like the way my mom made it when growing up on Møn.
This fried fish fillet recipe is so easy, fast and very versatile. The fish fillet turns out very crispy, which is the way I like. We enjoy the fish fillet with our favorite vegetables for dinner. Then the next day, we serve an open faced sandwich with the fish for lunch.
- 2 pieces of fresh fish fillets (halibut, tilapia, cod or other white fish fillet)
- 1 egg, whipped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- oil and butter for frying
- salt and pepper
- lemon slices
- Add salt to flour and breadcrumbs as well as pepper according to taste.
- Dip the fish fillets in milk, flour, whipped egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Add oil and butter to the frying pan.
- Add the fish fillets and fry them at medium heat. Fry the fillets for approx. 2-3 minutes on each side (according to the thickness of the fillets) and till golden brown.
- Serve the fillets with remoulade sauce, lemon slices and capers.
Add your choice of vegetables and/or bread. We like to have summer potatoes and fresh asparagus. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!