I happen to love dill in my recipes and grow it in my yard. Dill grows pretty easy and I use it on my sandwiches, with scrambled eggs, and on potatoes. Recently, I have been making Swedish recipes that includes dill. Here is one of Swedish famous dishes that has dill as a garnish. This Swedish egg-anchovy sandwich is easy to make with simple ingredients. Gubbröra translates to Old Man’s Mix.
Gubbröra is one of Swedish famous dishes. This Swedish egg-anchovy sandwich is easy to make and called Gubbröra means Old Man’s Mix. The Swedish anchovies are actually sprats or in Swedish called skarpsill. However, if you are not able to find skarpsill then regulary anchovies are great with the egg sandwich.
Swedish Egg and Anchovy Salad on Crispbread Recipe
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 3 anchovies
- 1 egg yolk
- lemon wedges 🍋
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- fresh dill for garnish
- chopped dill
- chopped chives
- chopped red onion
- crisp bread
- Chop up hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the dill and chives very finely.
- Place everything in a bowl together with the pepper and egg yolk. Mix them together.
- Chop the anchovy filets and blend in.
- Mix everything together and serve cold.
- This traditional Swedish egg-anchovy salad is served either on crispbread or on a thin slice of round dark bread.
- Garnish with fresh dill and a lemon wedge on the side. 🍽️
See our 🎥full recipe tutorials on YouTube