Icelandic National Day is coming up in a few days. This annual holiday (Icelandic: Þjóðhátíðardagurinn) was chosen to coincide with the birthday of Jón Sigurðsson. Jón is a major figure of Icelandic culture from the 19th century.
Perfect time to start thinking of ways to celebrate and here we came up with an Icelandic Flag Cake which is a fast fun way to serve during the holiday. 🎈 I decided to make a simple cake in comparison to some of the larger flag cakes I have done before. This cake only requires one baking pan. If you want to have a filling in the center, you can easily slice it in half.
Icelandic Flag Cake Recipe🌻
🌻 Ingredients 🌻
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 a stick of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- confectionary sugar and couple drops of water
- whipped cream
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add 2 eggs.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder and salt.
- Add milk w/vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into a buttered & floured pan.
- Bake at 350 F for approx. 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool.
- Combine confetionary sugar and water to create frosting.
- Add frosting on top of the cake. This will be used to hold the fruit.
- Place raspberries and blueberries to form flag. Fill in the remaining white line to complete the flag with whipped cream.
Enjoy a slice of cake with a cup of coffee.☕ 🥄
We pinned this on Pinterest, shared it on Facebook and Intagram too.
🍰We hope you enjoyed our video and recipe! Give us thumbs up if you like this video & subscribe for more videos. 👍👍 Thanks! Tak!