- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb oyster mushroom – optional
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. mustard -optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
- Serve with rice or cooked or mashed potatoes
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley
- Peal the potatoes and boil them till tender.
- Chop parsley finely.
- Remove fat and tendons from the pork tenderloin, and cut in into approx. 1 inch thick slices.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Slice the leek.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them in quarters.
- Fry onions and leek in the butter for a couple of minutes before you add the mushrooms. Remove everything from the pan, and fry the pork tenderloin steaks. Sprinkle the pork with salt, pepper and paprika. Return the onion, leek and mushroom mixture to the pan, and finally add the beef bouillon cube and the heavy cream. Optional add mustard.
- Do not overcook the tenderloin, or it will dry out. It should only be cooked till all the pink is gone.
- Let the meat sit in the mixture for several minutes to warm up again before you serve it.
We hope you enjoy this delicious dinner. Let us know what you think in the comment section if you try this recipe. As well a couple of other ways to serve the pork tenderloin steak is with fried onions on rye bread as an open-faced sandwich.
See our additional Scandinavian recipes recipes including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!