Have you tried twisting bread before? This is a delicious Sunflower Spinach Pie recipe that will have your family and friends begging for more! Plus this Sunflower bread is sooo pretty with the twisted bread! Perfect to serve to your family and friends while watching the movie Frozen Fever.
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp yeast
- 3/4 cup milk,
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
Click on our YouTube video to see how to make this delicious bread!
- 12 oz. of boiled spinach
- 12 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 oz grated parmesan or mozarella cheese
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- optional: nutmeg
- sesame seeds
Place all dough ingredients in a bowl and use and electric mix,, finish by hand.Knead until the dough is smooth. Cover it and leave it for approx. 1 hour while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
Create the filling, mix the spinach with the ricotta and shredded cheese. Add the egg, salt, pepper (nutmeg), and set it aside.
Divide the dough into two equal parts and roll each dough ball to create two circles.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the first circle and distribute the spinach filling. Place one large dollop in the center of the circle (cover it with a small bowl), and sprad the remaining spinach in a ring around the edge of the dough. finally place the last circle of dough on top of everything. Springle the sesame seeds on top of the center.
Divide the dough around the bowl into approx. 16 slices and twist each slice. Seal the edges using a fork to press.
Twist each slice and continue until all slices are twisted.
Seal the edges using a fork to press. Brush the bread with eggwash. Let it rise for approx. 1/2 hour and bake in the oven at 350F for approx. 1/2 hour.
|This is a great to tear and share at your next party
|Tastes great as is or with your favorite dipping sauce.
What is your favorite bread filling or spread? Let me know in the comments!
Karen Grete and Heidi
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let’s get cooking Scandinavian foods!
This is a really easy blueberry pie to make. Plus, it is a refreshing pie to have during the summer season. If you plan to have a barbeque or a summer party, you could make this pie the night before. The pie is great cold but you can serve it warm as well.
We were interested in making this delicious Finnish blueberry pie because it has a couple of our favorite ingredients which are blueberries and yogurt. Almost every weekend, my children and I always have yogurt and we add some type of berry such as blueberries. So I had to make this recipe when I saw the ingredients.
So let’s get started. First we need to make the pie shell then the filling. Finally we will assemble and bake. Be sure to look at our YouTube video to see how to make the pie too.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking powder
See our YouTube video
to see how Karen Grete prepares the blueberry pie.
- electric mixer
- 9 or 10-inch pie pan
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch pie pan.
3) with an electric mixer. Add the egg and blend well.
4) You might want to switch from the electric mixer to a wooden spoon or use your hands to mix the dough.
5) Butter pie pan. Dust the pie pan generously with flour.
6) With flour-dusted fingers pat the sticky dough into the bottom of the
7) Put the pie pan in the refrigerator to cool down while making the blueberry filling.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (vanilla yogurt optional)
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- measuring cup
1) Mix the eggs, sugar, yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until smoothen
1) Remove cold pie pan from the refrigerator
2) Place the 2 cups of blueberries into the cold pie shell.
3) Gently pour in the filling so the berries are coated and evenly distributed.
4) Bake the pie for 50 to 60 minutes, until the crust is browned and the custard has set.
5) Chill well.
The blueberry pie can be served warm or cold. Also the pie can be served plain or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. A nice cup of coffee goes well with this too.
The pie will hold well in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Also the recipe is versatile to add other types of berries such as raspberries or too. Enjoy!